It’s no wonder that recruiting and hiring success has become a key focus for workforce managers in 2020. According to a 2019 survey, 69 percent of hourly workers said they expected to seek a new position in the near future. Moreover, the study found that more than half of all hourly workers leave within the first 120 days of employment. These numbers coincide with high rates of turnover, rampant labor shortages, and operational hurtles faced by many “burnt out” industries that run on an hourly workforce- especially those that aren’t utilizing talent acquisition tools to keep filling their pipeline.
If your business is facing too many open positions, fierce industry competition, or growing production demands, it’s likely that you are looking for some way to get ahead of your hiring needs. This can be done with the help of advanced onboarding tools and predictive analytics, which help make filling open roles as efficient as possible.
Benefits of Applicant Tracking Technology
Applicant tracking software aids recruiting and hiring processes because it automates and joins all the major elements you need together under one, user-friendly interface, allowing you to quickly locate, interview, evaluate, and hire qualified workers. For instance, robust ATS solutions:
- Make it easier for job seekers to apply for open positions
- Help manage processes related to candidate profiles, status updates, and ongoing communication with applicants
- Allow you to create and share job openings across leading job boards and social networks for faster fills
- Use advanced search and filter capabilities to identify qualified applicants
- Allow users to add notes about interviews to aid decision-making and efficiency of your team
- Convert applications into new hire records automatically
A robust ATS system not only reduces the time it takes to carry out these processes, but frees up your hiring personnel and managers to focus on issues like compliance and daily employee development and management.
Tips for Tracking Talent and Hiring Proactively
The principal functions of an ATS system help ensure speed and consistency for fulfilling your hiring needs. This in and of itself is a hugely proactive step. However, there are other technologies and strategies to consider as well.
In order to truly eliminate pipeline labor shortages, your business should consider:
- Revisiting previous applicants. Just because a previous applicant wasn’t a fit some time ago, does not guarantee they won’t be now. Consider the experience, skills, and personal growth they may have undergone in the time since you evaluated their qualifications. By maintaining communication with almost-qualified candidates that showed promise, you get a leg-up on identifying labor, tracking quality workers with varying skill levels and potential, and building relationships with candidates who have already shown interest in working for your organization.
- Make sure your applicant tracking technology allows you to send messages directly to candidates. It also helps to have multiple methods of outreach (text, email, etc.) to ensure your messages are received. In a competitive environment, the faster you can make contact, the better your odds of getting applicants to the next stage of the hiring process and the more time you’ll save building up the caliber of your workforce.
- Monitoring top-performing job boards based on your hire history. It’s important to take a look at where your best hires have come from, where you get the fastest responses, and other source insights. With hiring analytics software, you can get automatically-generated reports that reveal this information. That way, you can post to the sites you know will give you the best return on investment or that can provide the fastest results in a time crunch.
- Utilizing turnover analytics. Tracking key performance indicators such as “turnover by jobsite,” “turnover by manager,” “turnover by type,” and even “reasons for leaving” all give major insight into adjustments that could contribute to better, long-term hiring success. If the reason that an employee left was because pay wasn’t competitive in their region, because of difficulty with a particular manager, or because the job didn’t match the description- these are all matters your administrative team can investigate and use to improve your hiring efforts from the get-go.
Happier Hiring with EPAY’s Applicant Tracking System
With EPAY’s recruiting and applicant tracking system, you can not only send texts and emails to candidates with speed and efficiency, but auto-generated messages to maintain constant communication throughout each stage of the hiring process. You can post open jobs to popular job boards in a few clicks, post them in multiple languages to attract a broader pool of applicants, and create pre-screened questions to make it easier to identify qualified candidates.